Thursday, August 18, 2022

WELCOME TO THE QUARTER BIN

             What is The Quarter Bin?


The increasingly common TWO quarters bins!


            Well, in real life, the quarter bin is also known as a “discount bin” (as they’re not always a quarter, if any still even are these days). It’s where those who deal in comic book sales stick comics to sell that are worthless except to anyone that collects those particular series (of course, “worthless” is subjective and can change with either time or future movie deals). These are generally books with extremely large print runs, lesser-known characters, or by unknown creative teams (aka, generally anything from the 1990s). They are a comic collector’s dream, however, and a great way to inexpensively plug holes in their collection!

The Quater Bin in a nutshell.

            In regards to here, The Quarter Bin is my going to be little pop-culture blog where I’ll be posting objective articles, op-eds and whatever else my whims dictate. It could be about new stuff, it could be about classic stuff, it could be about comics, it could be about that DiGiorno’s commercial where the guy is dancing in his underwear. Who knows! Basically, it’ll be a collection of thoughts that I have no one to express them to offline, so you all get the benefit of them here!

Convention set up.

            And who am I? I’m a comic book writer and editor. No, you likely haven’t seen anything I’ve worked on. At my most active I was extremely low-end indie self-publishing with a distribution of whatever convention we were working. Within 10 years of going professional, I joined a networking group dedicated to helping n00bs break in, got two stories published the first book to come up when I joined, became the head of the local chapter, became responsible for the book publications, AND ended up running the whole shebang! …And that’s when it all collapsed for various reasons, and I suffered mental burnout (outside factors were involved as well) that has, to date, kept me unable to write anything fictional. I still have ideas, I can still craft a story in my head, but there’s a physical disconnect to actually making it happen. I’m working on it.


Nostalgia is king.

            Non-Fiction, however, I can handle just fine. For the last 8 years (as of this writing) I’ve been working on another blog, Saturday Mornings Forever, which discusses Saturday morning television as well as other related things. (You can visit that by adding a “.com” to the end of the title). So, I guess this will be more of the same.

You, to me, because I entertain you so.


            Anyway, enough about me. I hope whatever I come up with to slap up here keeps you interested in coming back for more. And, y’know, feel free to engage if you agree or disagree with anything I’ve said here (or just wanna call me an idiot—it is the internet, that’s practically expected). ‘Til then!

 

Best,

your blogmaster, Chris

No comments: